Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grand Opening: Day 2 ~ Techniques

Today is day 2 of our Grand Opening Celebration.  It is technique Tuesday.  I chose a coloring technique - chalks.  The butterfly is paper pieced and I did some dry embossing too.

I printed out the butterfly twice - cut out one and layered it on the second image.  I colored the wings with chalk.

The base card is dry embossed with a texture plate, then I dragged a VersaMark ink pad over the embossed pattern to make it really stand out.  These new texture plates TAC carries really give a beautiful and deep impression - LOVE them. 

This is a super easy any occasion card - great to keep on hand just in case something comes up.

The image is from DDH Pansies, which is a new DDH set this week.

Supplies -- DDH Pansies, Papers: Black cardstock, Swimming Pool cardstock, Postal texture plate, Amberley Grace ribbon, Basic Brights chalk, VersaMark ink. 

Tomorrow we will be featuring birthday cards so check back.

Be sure to visit all the DDH Dream Team Members blogs...

DDH Dream Team Members
You are HERE --->; Debra Miller - Cream City Angels
Dee Pritschet - Dee's Designs
Hannah Clark - Delightfully Distressing Designs
Michelle Single (Coordinator) - Caffeine & Stamps
Paula-Kay Bourland - Digi Designs by Paula-Kay
Stephanie Serrano - Stephanie's Stampin Spot
Teresa Jenkins - Mama Pickle's Paper Creations
Tracy Jackson - Stamping Seasons

Abundant Blessings,
Deb

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I love butterflies, and those colors make the butterfly look real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - I would have never thought to color with chalks but I LOVE the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the colors and the embossing is great!

    ReplyDelete