Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sketch Saturday Challenge #322

We have a new sketch challenge starting today at Sketch Saturday!  Our sponsor this week is the fabulous Simon Says Stamp, with a generous $25 gift certificate going to one lucky winner.

Here is sketch #322:
The image I used today is a stamp I won from a Great Impressions challenge last Fall.  I also used my Distress markers to color it.  It took me a couple tries managing the water was the tricky part.  I ended up using Potion #9 blending solution and that worked the best.


Supplies Card 1 --
Stamp: Great Impressions F548 Elephant with Kite
Ink: Palette Black
Patterned Cardstock: Echo Park Happy Days
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy
Distress Watercolor Cardstock 
Distress Markers: Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Pumice Stone
Potion #9 Ink blending solution
Aqua Brush
Yellow Twine
Yellow Ribbon


My second card was actually the inspiration for the sketch this week.  I made it last Fall and never posted a write up on it.  It was made for my husbands co-worker who had surgery...an engineer who plays guitar.     
The image is a TAC image 'Hey Life' is the set and is available at Red Rubber Designs. Papers are Simple Story Awes{one}, one of my favs.

You can see all the DT inspiration and enter our challenge HERE.  Hope you will join us this week.

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

3 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are great, Deb! Love the reds in the first card and the yellow ribbon flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this week's sketch and I was sorry I was unable to catch up enough to make a card using it! Love your guitar card. It's kind of moody and very rock and roll! And I love your simple and beautifully coordinated colour palette of the elephant card. The yellow twine with the bows is so perfect for the kite image and I love all the white space above your sweetly coloured nellifant! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete