Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stamping Sensations - Thank You Card

Hi All,

September was a busy month and October is starting out busy too.  September started with my Dad passing away, which was very hard for me.  He lived a long life.  He was 91 so it wasn't totally unexpected, but it still seemed too soon.

This is the card I created as a Thank You for those who sent flowers.  Made about 40 cards. The image is one of my favorites from Stamping Sensations 'Large Pasture Scene'.  I used it for my Dad's 91st birthday card too.  We visited the week of his birthday in August and he really enjoyed the image.  He looked at it for a long time when I gave it to him.


Rather than coloring the image {I would still be coloring - LOL}, it is simply stamped with PTI Dark Chocolate ink on ivory cardstock.  The other cardstock used is PTI Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate and Aqua Mist. 

I think it looks like an old photograph - that was what I was going for anyway. The sentiment is from a Craft's Meow retired set 'Potted Garden'.  

The plaid is a digital paper from Just so Scrappy Outlet - Toadstool. Such a perfect pattern for my Dad.  Here is the picture which inspired the card, from my Dad's 90th birthday, last year.

My Dad really only had dreams of going back to farming, {that and fishing} so I thought this card turned out perfect.

Inside is my one of my favorite Bible verses - 


‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death’
or mourning or crying or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away.”

Revelation 21:4 NIV

Thanks for stopping by...

Remembering my Dad today,
Deb 

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card hun and I can see why your Dad liked it so much :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to your dad, he looks like a special man, I like his eyes and smile. Am still keeping you in my prayers. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete