Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sketch Saturday Challenge #335

Happy Saturday!

There is a new sketch...#335 at Sketch Saturday.  Simon Says Stamp is our sponsor this week with a fabulous $25 gift certificate as the prize.




Sketch #335:
This is the card which inspired the sketch.  It was my homebound card ministry from June. 

The technique is one I saw used by a challenge winner of Sketch Saturday back in June also - Calypso.  She has a bit of instruction in her post.

It used a painters tape technique that I hadn't seen before.  It probably has been around for ages, but it was new to me.  You ink up the sticky side of painters tape and lay it down, pressing in and then removing the tape.  I had investigated the technique a bit more before trying it and most people use glossy paper, so the tape comes off easier.  

I used PTI White cardstock, not glossy.  It created a lovely textured background, kind of like stucco.  I found if you have lots of ink on the sticky side of the tape, it is not a problem using normal cardstock.  

Since I made 15 or so of this card for homebound, some summer birthdays and a few any occasion ones too...I wasn't as careful with coverage the more I made. There was some tearing when removing the tape - but not a problem, more texture right?  I used a sponge to fill in some color.  It worked out great.

Supplies --
Stamp: Fun Stampers Journey "Enjoy the Journey"
Card Sentiment: Biblical Impressions
Cardstock: PTI Spring Moss, Spring Rain and True Black 
Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain and True Black
Eyelets
Ribbon

Here is a second card - similar but different...

You can see all the DT inspiration and enter our challenge HERE.  Hope you will join us this week.

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb     

1 comment:

  1. Great card and sketch Deb! I've done this techno, it is fun.

    ReplyDelete